3. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
(a) Information you provide to us
Through various technological means, Company turns speech dictations into text for registered users of its services (the “Services”). Company’s Services are also available in various application formats (the “Apps”). Subject to all applicable protected healthcare information (“PHI”) laws, including, without limitation, the HIPAA Act, Company
collects and shares information about you when you are accessing, browsing, contributing to, viewing, visiting, registering with, interacting with or otherwise using the Website, Services and/or Apps (including, without limitation, when you are registering for a user account through any third-party social media networks such as Facebook), including:
- Any information pertaining to yourself or others, including PHI, which you provide for transcription
- First and last name
- Email address(es)
- Birth date
- Country of origin
- Payment information
- Location data, and any other personal information about You collected by Company from various sources, including, without limitation, data aggregators, technical information platforms, public databases, or Company’s third party affiliates, all of which may include information about You including, without limitation, Your demography and Your online activities (collectively, the “Collected Information”).
(b) Information we collect automatically
We also collect some information automatically, including:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access and operating system. We also collect log information when you use our Services.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services and Apps. For example, we collect information about the actions that users perform when using the Apps – in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on a site (e.g., Bill uploaded “Notes” at 12 pm on March 1, 2019). We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, button clicks) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular
network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
- Information from Cookies: A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. Company uses first- and third-party cookies and similar technologies, such as Google Analytics, LinkedIn Conversion Tracking, and Facebook Pixel, to help us identify and track visitors, usage, and access preferences for our Services.
- Web beacons information: When you use the Service, we may employ clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information is allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- From third parties: By integrating or linking with a third-party service like Facebook, LinkedIn or Google, when creating an account with ZyDoc, we will receive your name, email, and other personal information about you. We do not have control over the privacy policies controlled by these third-party services, so it is solely up to you to review all privacy terms and conditions by them to be certain of what information may be shared with us before moving forward.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR COLLECTED INFORMATION
(a) To provide our Services
The information collected from you is used to facilitate our Services— processing your transactions, authorizing access to our services, as well as operating and maintaining our Services.
(b) For communication
Contact information is used to send transactional messages via email or other means employed by our Services. An email may be sent to communicate information regarding a transaction, due date reminders, or other notifications. Most transactional messages are mandatory, and you cannot opt out of them.
(c) For marketing or promotional services
Your information may be used to send promotional email messages that may interest you. These messages serve the purpose of improving our services or allowing you the opportunity to learn more about what we offer. An unsubscribe link is placed at the bottom of each promotional email.
(d) For customer support
We collect and use your information to help fix problems such as bugs, data crashes, and logs—and to communicate with you.
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR COLLECTED INFORMATION
(a) Third-party service providers
We collaborate with third party service providers who help us provide and maintain our Services, particularly those aspects relating to payment processing, business analytics, web app development, marketing, customer support, hosting, and data storage. Some of these third-party providers may be co-branded with Company’s name or Company’s service or trademarks, even though they are not owned or operated by Company.
To perform their duties on our behalf, these providers will need access to your information, under the obligation that it will not be disclosed or used for any other purposes. Our services providers have signed Data Processing Agreements to this effect.
(b) In the event of a merger or sale
Your information may also be disclosed during a sale, merger, or acquisition process of our assets or business. However, you will be notified by public areas on our website, along with the choices open to you regarding how your information may be treated.
(c) As required by applicable law, or to protect ZyDoc and others
We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Company, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
6. INFORMATION SECURITY
(a) Security of your information
Our Website is scanned and tested regularly in order to keep up with the most current protective internet practices to safeguard your information. We use various trusted hosting providers to protect your information and prevent loss and misuse of your data. Infrastructures such as firewalls, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, data encryption, backups, identity and access control, and other security measures are employed to safeguard our systems and your Collected Information.
However, no security system is impenetrable. Although we try our best to keep your data secure and private, we cannot guarantee full protection of your provided information because of the nature of the internet and its inherent risks. Should you have questions about our security measures, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(b) Retention of Your Information
Subject to applicable laws, rules and regulations, unless you specifically request that we delete your account, we will need your information to continue our operations. Some of your information will be retained to enforce our rights and agreements, comply with business or legal obligations, maintain security, and any other actions deemed necessary or permitted by law.
Subject to applicable laws, rules and regulations (such as HIPAA-mandated retention periods), if your account has expired or has been canceled, or when those terms are no longer in force, you will have the option requesting that your personal information be deleted.
7. YOUR CHOICES
(a) Editing your personal information
You can change or correct your personal information (such as email, company name, first and last name) at any time through your account settings. Such changes may be necessary if your profile information is inaccurate or outdated.
(b) Opt out of communications
You may opt out from receiving promotional emails from Company at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions included in any such email message. Company shall remove you from Company’s email list in a reasonable amount of time after receipt of notice.
(c) For EU users
Under the GDPR, if you are an EU citizen, you have the right:
- to access your personal data
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data corrected
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- to receive a copy of your data in a machine-readable format
- to take any complaints about how we process your data to the Data Protection Authority in your country.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we are permitted or required by applicable law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. We will examine each case individually.
Please note that under the GDPR, ZyDoc is a “data processor,” meaning that it provides a data processing service to its clients who are in turn “data controllers.” Individuals seeking to exercise their rights with respect to information contained in notes provided by Company’s customers should direct their requests to their respective data controller (i.e. doctor or other medical professional).
8. NO COLLECTION OF DATA FROM USERS UNDER 13
Company does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 13 years of age, and no part of Company’s Services are directed to, or intended to be, accessed by, persons under the age of 13. If Company obtains actual knowledge that personally identifiable information of any persons less than 13 years of age has been collected, Company shall take appropriate steps to delete such information in a timely manner.
TRANSFERING COLLECTED INFORMATION; INTERNATIONAL USERS
(a) Company uses computers and servers across the world. By using the Company Websites, Services and/or Apps, you acknowledge and agree that any or all of your personal information may be transferred and processed outside the borders of your home country.
(b) YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SOME COUNTRIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, MAY TREAT YOUR COLLECTED INFORMATION SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENTLY FROM YOUR HOME COUNTRY. THIS INCLUDES BEING LESS PROTECTIVE THAN YOUR HOME COUNTRY REQUIRES. IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR COLLECTED INFORMATION TRANSFERRED, DO NOT USE OUR WEBSITES, SERVICES OR APPS. TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY THE LAW OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE PRESENTLY LOCATED, YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO REQUIRE US TO TREAT ANY OF YOUR IDENTIFYING INFORMATION OR COLLECTED INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF ANY COUNTRY OR JURISDICTION OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. THE AFOREMENTIONED WAIVER MAY NOT BE LEGALLY BINDING IN SOME COUNTRIES (E.G. THE EUROPEAN UNION).
9. CONTACTING US
ZyDoc Medical Transcription, LLC
1455 Veterans Memorial Highway
Hauppauge, NY 11788